Three killed in road accidentAugust 14th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 14 (IANS) Three people were killed and four injured when the car in which they were travelling rammed into a tree Sunday morning on National Highway-58 in Ghaziabad, police said.
Police said the incident, that took place around 5.30 a.m. near HR Institute, involved seven members of a family from Chipyana in Ghaziabad. They were returning from Haridwar in Uttarkhand in the car.
The car was being driven by Ashok Sharma, 50, who himself was killed.
“Due to long and strenuous night drive of about five hours the driver felt drowsy, due to which he lost control on the vehicle which rammed into a roadside tree,” said police circle officer Praveen Ranjan Singh.
Sharma’s daughter Monika, 27, and his nephew Karan, 7, also died on the spot.
Sharma’s wife Kaushalya Sharma, 48, younger daughter Priyanka, 16, and Monika’s son Manan, 6, and another passenger were injured.
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Nine killed in two road accidents in Ghaziabad - Nov 06, 2011
- Four killed in Tripura road mishap - Feb 28, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Minor child killed, five injured in accident - Nov 21, 2011
- Man held for killing two while 'sleep-driving' - Feb 07, 2012
- Two brothers killed in Ghaziabad - May 10, 2012
- Man leaps out of moving car to save daughter - May 11, 2012
- Three killed in Maharashtra accident - Dec 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Speeding car kills Delhi couple - Apr 19, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Executive, accountant found murdered - Aug 21, 2011
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- School principal killed in Pakistan - May 27, 2012