Three killed in road accident in DelhiApril 15th, 2008 - 11:27 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 15 (IANS) Three people, including an eight-year-old girl, were killed and two others were injured when a speeding autorickshaw hit a motorcycle and a scooter in south Delhi, the police said Tuesday. The mishap occurred late Monday near Agra Canal in Sarita Vihar area when an autorickshaw driver lost control of the vehicle and rammed into a motorcycle and then hit a scooter.
Motorcycle rider Sanoj, 26, died on the spot while pillion rider Ashok, 30, was stated to be in a critical condition in a hospital.
Satish Sharma, 35, was riding the scooter with his daughters Tanu, 8, and Monica, 10, riding pillion. Sharma died at the spot.
“Due to the impact of the accident, Tanu was tossed up in the air and fell into the canal. Her body was fished out early Tuesday,” said a police official.
The police said a search has been launched to nab the absconding autorickshaw driver.
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Five killed as tanker hits bike, car - Jun 08, 2011
- Rs.9 lakh relief for kin of woman killed in accident - May 31, 2011
- Helmets to be made mandatory for women in Delhi - Apr 25, 2012
- Three killed in separate accidents on Delhi roads - Sep 14, 2010
- High Court notice to Delhi government on contempt plea - Jul 13, 2012
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- School girl killed in Delhi accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- On way to his marriage, groom dies in accident - May 27, 2011
- Helmets must for bikers, pillion riders: Transport minister (Goa Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- Pillion riding ban lifted in Karachi - Nov 24, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Chandigarh police seize psychotropic drugs - Jun 20, 2012