Three killed in Orissa cracker blastMarch 29th, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 29 (IANS) At least three people were killed when a large number of crackers went off accidentally in a fireworks manufacturing unit in Orissa Sunday, an official said.
The explosion in Nuapalli village of Ganjam district, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, was so powerful that the house where the crackers were being manufactured collapsed.
“Three people died and over a dozen were injured when the crackers went off,” district collector V. Karthikayan Pandian told IANS on phone.
- Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blast - Sep 12, 2012
- Two killed in villagers-police clash in Orissa - Jul 15, 2011
- Cyclone Laila triggers rains in Orissa - May 21, 2010
- Best district in rural jobs scheme - really? - Apr 09, 2011
- Orissa evacuates 4,000 people due to cyclone Laila (Lead) - May 20, 2010
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Two dead as building collapses in cracker blast - Oct 28, 2010
- Fish dead, now oil leak threatens Orissa turtles (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Eight die in as fireworks unit explodes - Oct 25, 2011
- Blast at illegal fireworks workshop in northern China kills 5 - Sep 17, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Two killed, four wounded in Kashmir explosion - Sep 20, 2011
- Blaze at fireworks factory in southern India kills 38, injures 60 - Sep 06, 2012
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Oil leak from ship threatens endangered turtles (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010