Three killed in Orissa cement factory accidentFebruary 13th, 2009 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 13 (IANS) At least three people were killed and three others sustained critical injuries in an accident in a cement factory in Orissa Friday, police said.
A huge iron plate fell on the workers accidentally when they were trying to erect it on a newly built tower in the new factory of the Orissa Cement Limited at Rajgangpur in Sundergarh district, 471 km from here, inspector in charge of the Rajgang police station S.K. Dutta told IANS on phone.
“They were all contract labourers. The injured persons were taken to a local government hospital for treatment. They are in a critical condition,” Dutta said.
Factory officials were not immediately available for comment.
- Three students among four killed in accident - Apr 17, 2010
- Three Maoists from Assam held in Orissa - Feb 12, 2011
- Three crushed to death in Mumbai cement plant - Dec 26, 2010
- Four killed, 15 injured in Orissa accident - Apr 09, 2010
- Maoists held for abduction, murder - Jun 14, 2012
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Train kills three teenagers - Sep 07, 2010
- Three Maoists killed in Orissa gunfight (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Eight killed, 20 injured in Orissa accident (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Village headman held for helping Maoists - Jan 28, 2011
- Six killed in Orissa road accident - Oct 12, 2011
- Inspector suspended for misbehaving with judge - Apr 04, 2011
- Two killed in villagers-police clash in Orissa - Jul 15, 2011
- Cop's two security guards jailed for his murder - Mar 28, 2011
- Maoists derail Rajdhani, train services hit hard (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 23, 2010