Three killed in Ghaziabad accidentApril 18th, 2009 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 18 (IANS) Three people, including a 10-year-old girl, were killed when the tractor trolley they were travelling in collided with a truck on National Highway-24 near here, police said.
The incident occurred around Friday midnight near Bamheta locality of Ghaziabad.
Suhkpal Yadav along with his family was returning to Mansarovar colony after attending a birthday function of his nephew in Bamheta, when at a turn a speeding truck collided with the tractor trolley, police said.
With the collision the tractor trolley was thrown into the field by the side of the highway.
Yadav’s wife Anita Yadav, 30, and daughter Swati, 10, were declared brought dead to the hospital, while his relative Ajit, who was driving the tractor trolley died on the spot, police said.
Ajit’s mother Tarawati, sister Pravesh and two other relatives - Ratan and Suman, who were injured in the accident were taken to the hospital where their condition was said to be critical, police added.
“We have registered a case against the truck driver who is absconding. We have seized the vehicles,” police officer Gajendra Kumar said.
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Five pilgrims killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 13, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- Two men crushed by speeding truck - Dec 31, 2010
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- Three killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Jan 21, 2011
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Nine killed as tempo rams into truck - Nov 30, 2011
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- 20 cars damaged in chain collision - Nov 04, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011