Three killed in French school shooting (Lead)March 19th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, March 19 (IANS) Three people, including two students, were killed and two injured Monday when a gunman went on a shooting spree outside a Jewish school in the southwestern city of Toulouse.
The gunman fatally shot three people before fleeing, Xinhua reported citing a TV report.
French Interior Minister Claude Gueant, who rushed to Toulouse, ordered “to strengthen surveillance” around Jewish schools in France, Europe 1 reported.
President Nicolas Sarkozy will also head to Toulouse and visit the school.
Police in southwestern France launched a massive manhunt last week after the killing of three paratroopers and the wounding of another in two separate but connected incidents. The attacker in both cases fled on a scooter.
According to French paper Le Figaro, authorities said the weapon used in Monday’s shooting was the same kind that was used in last week’s attacks on the paratroopers.
- Four die in shooting outside school in France (Second Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- France observes minute of silence for shooting victims - Mar 20, 2012
- France launches manhunt for killer - Mar 20, 2012
- French killings arrest denied (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- French gunman killed after 30-hour siege (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Toulouse killer's father to sue France for son's death - Mar 27, 2012
- French shooting suspect killed - Mar 22, 2012
- French killer said he posted murder videos on web - Mar 23, 2012
- French shooting suspect held (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Sarkozy to walk out of G20 if executive bonuses are not capped - Sep 14, 2009
- France suspends operations in Afghanistan after Afghan soldier kills 4 troops - Jan 21, 2012
- Sarkozy salutes 26/11 victims, hits out at Pakistan (Evening Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Former IMF chief can spend term in France if convicted - May 23, 2011
- Terror originating from Pakistan unacceptable to world: Sarkozy (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Al Qaeda man takes hostages in France (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012