Three killed in Delhi road accidentsSeptember 4th, 2010 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Three people, including a woman, were killed in separate road accidents in Delhi, police said Saturday.
The woman was killed while her husband was critically injured after their car rammed into a stationary truck loaded with iron rods around 4 a.m. Saturday in Maurya Enclave in north Delhi.
“The couple was going to a gurdwara when the accident happened. The woman was killed after iron rods pierced her body. Gas cutters were used to cut open the car and take out the couple,” a police officer said.
In another accident, a speeding Alto car hit a man and dragged him for a kilometre, killing him on the spot. It took place around 10.15 p.m. Friday in Safdarjung area of south Delhi.
The victim, Sohan Singh, was waiting for a bus when the car hit him.
Sohan’s brother Dev Singh, who was present with him at the time of the accident, said: “He (Sohan) came under the car and was stuck. There were four people in the car and they dragged him for over a kilometre. We kept shouting for them to stop.”
The Alto, however, sped away.
The third accident was reported from Lok Vihar in north Delhi where a drunk Indica driver ran over a man late Friday.
The car, after running over Ram Bahadur, hit a divider and was badly damaged.
“The driver was drunk and lost control over the vehicle. He was arrested on the spot,” another police officer said.
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Delhi man killed in Punjab road accident - May 25, 2010
- Violence in Uttar Pradesh after youth's death - Feb 22, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Man killed - and run over by truck - Apr 09, 2012
- Man held for killing neighbour while saving sister - Jul 16, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: brother, cutters, delhi police, delhi road, dev singh, divider, enclave, gurdwara, iron rods, kilometre, lok, New Delhi, north delhi, police officer, road accidents, south delhi, stationary truck