Three killed in Delhi building collapse (Lead, superseding earlier story)May 17th, 2011 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) Three people were killed and one injured when an under-construction building in west Delhi collapsed Tuesday, police and fire officers said. At least two people are still trapped in the debris.
“The incident took place at 4.20 p.m. when a four-storey building which was under construction in Chander Vihar collapsed. Three people have been killed and one injured,” a fire official said.
“Three bodies were recovered. One has been been identified as of Nirmal Singh, who is the owner of the building, and the others are of labourers Harbhajan and Mohan Lal,” said a senior police officer.
“The injured person, a labourer named Daya Ram, has been taken to the nearby Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital,” the officer said. Earlier reports had said the injured person was a woman.
“More than 12 fire trucks and an ambulance are present at the site. There are three or four people feared trapped in the debris. A building just adjacent to the collapsed site has also tilted and people have been evacuated from it,” the officer said at 9 p.m.
- Rescue operations on at Delhi building collapse site - May 18, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi building collapse - May 17, 2011
- Building collapses in Ghaziabad - Jul 16, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- 15 injured in Delhi roof collapse (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Two skyscrapers collapse in Brazil - Jan 26, 2012
- Building collapses in Bangalore, 5 dead - Feb 02, 2011
- One dead as Himachal building collapses - Jul 11, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Four killed in Mumbai building collapse - Mar 17, 2011
- Five killed as college building collapses - Jul 25, 2011
- Delhi railway underpass collapses, one dead - Dec 06, 2010
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: ambulance, building collapse, debris, fire officers, fire official, fire trucks, gandhi memorial, labourer, labourers, memorial hospital, mohan lal, New Delhi, nirmal singh, police officer, sanjay gandhi, west delhi