Three killed in bus-truck collision in DelhiNovember 3rd, 2008 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) Three people were killed and 43 injured when a mini truck collided head on with a DTC bus in the capital Monday, police said.The truck carrying about 50 passengers from Uttar Pradesh to Jhajhar in Haryana collided with the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus at Kanjhawala around 7 a.m., Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Atul Katiyar said.
“The truck driver lost control over the truck and collided with the bus coming from the opposite direction. Three persons died on the spot while 43 passengers were injured,” he said.
Those killed have been identified as Tarachand, 33, Anshu, 5, and Vishal, 6. The injured have been admitted to various hospitals here.
“They (truck passengers) were working as labourers in a brick kiln unit at Haryana and were returning for work after celebrating Diwali at their hometown in Uttar Pradesh,” Katiyar said.
Police registered a case against the owner of the truck and impounded the vehicle.
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- 40 bonded labourers rescued in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 26, 2011
- 26 die in road accident (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- 22 foreigners hurt in Haryana accident - May 31, 2011
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Eight injured as buses collide in Delhi - Dec 08, 2010
- 70 bonded labourers freed in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- Nine killed in Haryana road accident - May 06, 2010
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012