Three killed as railway engines collideJuly 7th, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, July 7 (IANS) Three people were killed and two injured when two railway engines collided head-on early Monday on the Ghorpadi-Hadapsar line near here, said a railway spokesman. “The cause of the collision is not yet known. The railways is carrying out investigation into the accident,” said Y.K Singh, public relations officer of Central Railway’s Pune Division.
Those killed were identified as engine driver Ramesh B. and assistants R.K Gupta and Y.K Satpute. The two injured have been admitted to a railway hospital here.
The two engines — severely damaged in the collision — were unattached to bogies at the time of the accident, Singh added.
- Six killed in Poland train collision - Mar 04, 2012
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 25 dead as Hampi Express rams into goods train in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- One dead in Bengal train collision, Railways announce compensation (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Five killed in Jharkhand train collision, six suspended (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- 3 killed, 50 injured when trains collide near Karachi - Sep 17, 2012
- Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide - Jan 11, 2011
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- 24 injured in China train accident - Aug 24, 2012