Three killed as molasses tank bursts in OdishaJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 23 (IANS) An elderly woman and two minor children died due to suffocation after the molasses tank of a sugar factory burst and the slurry entered their slum in Odisha’s Ganjam district, police said Monday.
The mishap occurred at the Aska Cooperative Sugar Industries Limited at Aska, about 165 kms from Bhubaneswar, late Sunday night when they were sleeping in their home.
The dead include a 65 year-old woman, and two children aged six and four, police officer S.C.Buruda told IANS.
- Elderly man suffocates, six hospitalised - Jan 17, 2012
- Five children killed in school wall collapse in Odisha - Jul 09, 2012
- Hotel fire kills three in Odisha - Aug 04, 2012
- Miscreants crush child to death in bid to rape mother - Nov 25, 2011
- Odisha heat wave death toll rises to nine - May 22, 2012
- Three killed in Maharashtra petrol tank blast - Aug 26, 2012
- Maoists torch machinery in Odisha - Jan 04, 2012
- Two Italians abducted in Odisha, claim Maoists - Mar 18, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Jobless Greek takes two hostage - Mar 02, 2012
- Cooking gas cylinder blast kills three in Orissa - Jan 19, 2010
- Maoist camp busted, arms seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Manipuri militant held in Odisha port town - May 29, 2012
- Mob burns seven to death in Orissa - Apr 30, 2011
- Makar Sankranti in Odisha with holy dips, kite flying - Jan 15, 2012