Three killed as goods trains collide in Uttar PradeshDecember 8th, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 8 (IANS) Three people were killed when two goods trains collided Monday in Uttar Pradesh, railway officials said.The accident took place when a stationary goods train was hit by another goods train running behind it from Allahabad at the Jhinaura railway station in Mirzapur, about 300 km from here.
“Two drivers of the moving train and a guard of the stationary train were killed in the mishap,” divisional railway manager (Allahabad division) Deepak Dave told IANS by telephone.
As many as 20 wagons of both the trains were derailed in the accident and disrupted the Delhi-Howrah rail route.
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh, no casualty - Sep 21, 2010
- Rail traffic disrupted as goods train derails - Oct 04, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 20, 2011
- Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted - Apr 21, 2010
- Delhi-Howrah rail route restored - Jul 12, 2011
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Another goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 23, 2011
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 08, 2010
- New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani engine develops snag, derails - Aug 30, 2010
- Six wagons of coal-laden goods train derail in UP - Jun 20, 2012