Three killed after falling into sewer in DelhiMay 14th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Three people, including two security personnel were killed while trying to save a sweeper who fell into a sewer in a Border Security Force (BSF) camp in the national capital, officials said Thursday.
The incident occurred in the BSF camp in Chhawala in southwest Delhi Wednesday, police said.
The sweeper Darshan Singh accidentally fell into the sewer while cleaning it, police added.
As Singh shouted for help, Head Constable Mahender Singh, 55, and Constable Narender Pratap, 29, rushed to rescue him.
“The duo slipped into the sewer while trying to pull Singh out. The bodies of all the three were fished out later,” the officer said.
- Three killed after falling down manhole - Nov 19, 2011
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Two shot dead in Gurgaon - Jul 12, 2012
- BSF trooper shot dead by senior in Kashmir - Dec 30, 2011
- Two sweepers die after falling into open sewer - Jun 03, 2009
- Three die while cleaning sewer in Kanpur - Apr 13, 2012
- Policemen arrested for extortion - Nov 02, 2011
- Man killed in BSF firing in Tripura - May 31, 2012
- Russian cop couple drown in sewer - Jun 14, 2012
- Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministers - Jun 14, 2011
- Constables injured in freak firing incident - Jul 20, 2010
- Two BSF men injured in training accident - Aug 07, 2012
- BSF trooper dies three days after Bangladeshis' attack - Feb 07, 2012
- Lack of safety gear killing Delhi's sewer workers (Capital Focus) - Jun 24, 2012
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012