Three killed, 50 injured in West Bengal accidentOctober 12th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 12 (IANS) Three people were killed and at least 50 injured Sunday afternoon after a private bus collided with a van in a West Bengal town, the police said.The incident took place on National Highway-60 near Purulia town.
“About 35 people were going to see a buffalo fight in Naupara village in a matador (van) Sunday afternoon. A private bus was coming from the opposite direction and the vehicles collided. Three people died on the spot, and at least 50 were injured,” said an official of Purulia police control room.
“The drivers of both the vehicles are absconding,” he added.
The injured passengers were admitted at Mahat Sadar Hospital. The condition of at least 20 was critical.
- Seven killed in Pakistan accident - May 29, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- 20 dead in UP road accident - Apr 29, 2012
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Passenger bus overturns in southeast Kenya, killing 12 - Apr 02, 2012
- Six killed in Nepal road accident - Aug 20, 2012
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- Eight killed in Chhattisgarh van-truck collision - May 11, 2011
- Seven die in a road mishap near Raipur - Apr 30, 2010
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012