Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accidentApril 16th, 2012 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 16 (IANS) At least three men were killed and 25 others seriously injured Monday when the bus they were travelling in overturned in Rajasthan’s Kota district, police said.
The mishap occurred near Kunari village in Kota, some 300 km from Jaipur.
“The bus that was coming from Ahmedabad in Gujarat was carrying 28 passengers. The driver lost control due to potholes on the road and the bus overturned,” a police officer told IANS.
Some passers-by informed the police, following which a team was rushed there. “Residents of nearby villages joined the rescue operation. They helped rescue the passengers stuck inside the bus. Many of them had fallen unconscious unable to get out of the vehicle on their own,” said the officer.
He added that three of the passengers were killed on the spot.
“At least 25 injured passengers were rushed to a hospital in Kota where they are undergoing treatment,” said the officer.
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Four schoolkids, helper killed as bus overturns in Rajasthan - Jul 24, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- Six passengers die in Bengal accident - Aug 20, 2011
- 10 killed in road accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Three killed, 15 injured in bus mishap near Gurgaon - Jul 10, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,