Three killed, 19 injured in car-mini truck crashMarch 22nd, 2009 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, March 22 (IANS) Three woman were killed and 19 other people were injured Sunday when a speeding car crashed into a mini-truck moving ahead of it on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, the police said.
The accident occurred around 4.00 p.m. Sunday near the Bhadoli village on the expressway.
The mini-truck, in which a lot of people were travelling, was hit from behind by a speeding car. The driver of the mini-truck lost control over the vehicle and it overturned into a ditch, the police said.
Three woman - identified as Chandra, 60, Kusum, 30, and Subri, 30 - travelling in the mini-truck were killed in the accident and 19 other people were injured.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Greater Noida. The driver of the car was also in a critical condition, the police said.
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- One killed, 2 hurt in Noida accident - Oct 16, 2010
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 30, 2010