Three kids injured in blast, 2,000 bullets seizedJune 8th, 2008 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 8 (IANS) Three children were injured Sunday when a cache of bullets hidden in a well exploded in the city’s northern suburb Gummidipoondi, the police said. Searches led to the discovery of two bundles containing over 2,000 bullets hidden in the apparently abandoned well. The sudden movement of the children aged between 11-13 years as they playfully jumped into the well is said to have set off the bullets, a police official said.
A search of the well led to the recovery of two bundles containing over 2,000 bullets, which were said to be over a decade old.
An investigation has been ordered to check the movement of Maoists in the area, the police official added.
- Gun smuggling in China via express delivery, internet - Apr 05, 2012
- Arms, ammunition seized from Shillong school - Oct 31, 2010
- Explosives found in abandoned car in Chhattisgarh - Jul 14, 2011
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 14, 2010
- Karmapa cash row: Enforcement Directorate begins probe - Feb 01, 2011
- Indian fake currency gangs chose Nepal star-hotel for deals - May 06, 2011
- Search on for abandoned girl's parents in Rajasthan - May 23, 2012
- Explosives, bullets found in Bangladesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- Security forces recover a huge cache of explosives in J-K - Aug 10, 2010
- 'Town' of illegal migrants found in Moscow - Sep 08, 2012
- Floating currency notes: Youth drowns in Assam water body - Jun 26, 2012
- China uses DNA database to reunite 2000 missing kids with parents - Mar 01, 2012
- UK officials deny 'Yemen bomb defused 17 minutes before scheduled explosion' - Nov 05, 2010
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012