Three Jharkhand policemen wounded in landmine blastJune 13th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 13 (IANS) Keeping up their attacks on security forces in Jharkhand, in which 24 policemen have been killed since Wednesday, Maoists Saturday ambushed a patrol in the state’s Khuti district, injuring three policemen in a landmine blast.
“Three policemen have been injured in a landmine blast near Rania block of Khuti district,” Ranchi range’s Deputy Inspector General of Police Raj Kumar Mallik told IANS.
The police squad was returning to the police checkpost after Long Range Patrolling (LRP), when the rebels triggered the landmine blast between Khuti and Rania road, around 70 km from Ranchi.
After the blast, the rebels also opened fire on the patrol. The police retaliated, leading to a gun-battle. The rebels then withdrew.
Maoists have killed 24 security personnel and injured around 28 people, including civilians, in four separate attacks since Wednesday.
Maoist rebels Wednesday ambushed a police team in West Singhbhum district, killing 11 security personnel. The rebels Friday attacked a State Bank of India branch and triggered a blast in Bokaro district, killing a total of 13 policemen in the two attacks.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand. Nearly 1,500 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- 13 Jharkhand policemen killed in Maoist ambush - Jan 21, 2012
- Jharkhand police get hijacked bus, driver's body - Dec 02, 2011
- Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambush - Jul 23, 2012
- Maoists massacre 13 Jharkhand policemen (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Attack meant to reassert Maoist presence in Jharkhand: police - May 04, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Jharkhand - Dec 24, 2010
- Maoists may undertake major offensive in Jharkhand: Police - Feb 12, 2012
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- 40 KG IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 03, 2012
- 11 cops die in Jharkhand landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- One killed in Jharkhand landmine blast - May 19, 2009
- Three CRPF personnel injured in landmine blast - Nov 12, 2010
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Three Maoists held with claymore mines - Apr 23, 2011
- 67 percent polling, CRPF trooper killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010