Three injured in Delhi robberyDecember 25th, 2008 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 25(IANS) Two men and a woman were injured when unidentified robbers on a motorcycle allegedly attacked them in the capital, the police said Thursday.According to the police, Deepak Verma and his sister Anita went to Sector 4 Dwarka of southwest district to meet their friend Karan around 10.30 p.m. Wednesday.
“They parked their car outside Karan’s apartment and were waiting for him” when three motorcycle-borne robbers asked them to hand over cash and other valuables they were carrying, a police officer said.
By that time Karan reached the spot, and tried to rescue the two. The knife-wielding robbers attempted to flee. In the melee, Karan caught hold of one of them riding pillion, the police officer added.
“A robber attacked him and stabbed him twice in the stomach” before fleeing, according to the officer. Karan was rushed to hospital, where he is undergoing treatment. The brother-sister duo also suffered minor injuries in the scuffle.
“They alleged that the assailants robbed them of Rs.5,000, some jewellery and mobile phones,” said the officer.
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- School official shot at - Oct 13, 2011
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Woman doctor stabbed in Beijing - Apr 13, 2012
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- BJP MP's nephew arrested in RTI activist murder case - Sep 07, 2010
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Liquor vend cashier killed, Rs.5 lakh stolen - Jan 03, 2011
- Two women help arrest four criminals in Lucknow - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Customers' loot jewellery shop in Delhi - May 15, 2011