Three injured in acid attack in GhaziabadJuly 9th, 2008 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 8 (IANS) An Unidentified assailant threw acid on two girls here and stabbed one of them when the gutsy females tried to overpower their attacker. The incident took place late Monday night when two girls, Rekha, 19 and her niece Nisha, 13, were taking Rekha’s disabled mother Vidya on a wheelchair in Arthala locality here. The assailant reportedly attacked the girls when they were passing through a desolate place.
“But Rekha, though seriously injured, caught hold of the attacker and nearly overpowered him. The assailant then took out a knife and stabbed here. He then escaped taking advantage of the darkness,” said Dharamvir Dabas, a local leader.
Both Rekha and Nisha were taken to the GTB hospital in Delhi. Their condition is said to be critical.
A resident, on condition of anonymity, said that the attacker had in the past too attacked Rekha as she used to reject his advances.
While Rekha suffered severe injuries, her niece and mother had burns on hands and stomach.
Circle officer (border) S.P. Singh said the criminal was not identified yet.
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- I've always admired Rekha: Vidya Balan - Feb 18, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Man shot over property dispute, two held - Mar 09, 2011
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Cop fails to save stab victim, catches killer - Apr 17, 2012
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Five stabbed by unidentified assailants in Lucknow - Mar 31, 2012
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Woman doctor stabbed in Beijing - Apr 13, 2012
- Bus passengers lynch robber in Mexico - May 25, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Four more held for air force employee's killing - Sep 11, 2012
- Kazakh journalist stabbed - Apr 21, 2012
- Drunk father stabs son to death - May 24, 2012