Three injured at Delhi Metro construction siteDecember 6th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) Three labourers were injured after falling off an elevated platform at an under construction Metro site in south Delhi and authorities Sunday said an enquiry had been initiated into the accident, an official said.
The incident took place on the Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor’s Govindpuri station Saturday night. The three labourers who were placing ’shuttering plates’ on the raised platform, fell from the platform at around 11 p.m.
“The three were rushed to Moolchand Hospital. One was discharged this (Sunday) morning and the other is undergoing treatment and will be discharged. However, the third labourer has sustained severe head injuries and doctors said he will be kept under observation,” a Delhi Metro spokesperson said.
The Delhi Metro has initiated a safety enquiry into the mishap, the official said.
Earlier this year, six people were killed and over 20 injured when a portion of an elevated Metro beam collapsed at the Zamrudpur site July 12, raising serious doubts on Metro’s fast-paced expansion plans in the national capital.
The construction work at the Govindpuri site is being conducted by Gammon India, the same contractor who was blacklisted for future Metro projects after the July 12 incident.
Saturday’s incident comes a few days after a young boy was injured when the metal girder he was sitting on toppled over, crushing his foot. Metro officials had said the boy had entered the under-construction site without authorisation.
- 22 get bail in 2009 Delhi Metro pillar collapse case - Jul 23, 2012
- Metro starts trial runs up to Badarpur - Oct 26, 2010
- Metro projects will be completed before Games: Sreedharan - Jul 28, 2009
- Cause of Delhi Metro accident to be examined: Saugata Ray - Jul 12, 2009
- Gammon India may get blacklisted for two years (Lead) - Jul 28, 2009
- Delhi Metro starts trial runs on Lajpat Nagar section - Jul 23, 2010
- Worker dies at Metro construction site - Aug 30, 2009
- Labourer dies at Delhi Metro construction site - Dec 28, 2008
- E. Sreedharan resigns as Delhi Metro chief after accident - Jul 12, 2009
- Five killed, 15 injured in Delhi Metro bridge collapse (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2009
- Metro work done in haste for Commonwealth Games: BJP - Jul 12, 2009
- Metro Rail pillar falls on auto-rickshaw, injures two in Delhi's Sarita Vihar - Mar 24, 2010
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, 11 injured (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Crack in Delhi Metro's pillar caused accident: construction workers - Jul 12, 2009
- Gammon India denies negligence, government promises action - Jul 13, 2009