Three injured as car careens into treeOctober 7th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 7 (IANS) Three young people, including a woman, were injured when their speeding car rammed into a tree here Friday early morning, police said.
The trio — Satender Kumar Gupta, 31, Aditya Kumar Kundu, 29 and Shruti Sodhi, 29, — were returning after partying at Shangri la Hotel early Friday night when their vehicle careened into a tree in Sunder Nagar in south Delhi.
They had gone to party at the hotel Thursday night. After spending the night, they left the hotel at around 3 a.m. It was around 3.25 a.m., when their speeding car dashed against a neem tree, leaving them injured and the car damged, police said.
The collision was so intense that portion of the car had to be taken off with a gas-cutter to get Gupta out of his Chevrolet Cruze car.
“He was so badly stuck in the car that we failed to extricate him. His body was trapped between his seat and the steering wheel,” police said.
The three were rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Trauma Centre, where Gupta’s condition is said to be critical. Kundu and Sodhi, however, were discharged after first aid.
Satender works in a private company, Aditya works with a bank and Shruti also works in a private company.
Satender lives with his mother and brothers at Green Park Extension, Aditya with his family at CR Park and Shruti at Alaknanda, police said.
While Satender was driving the car, Aditya and Shruti were seated at the back.
In the medical report of the trio, none of them was found to be drunk, police said.
- Delhi eatery owner fired upon by cop, escapes unhurt - Jan 10, 2012
- Builder kidnapped in Delhi - Jun 18, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Twelve members of marriage party killed in West Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Two killed, one hurt in two road accidents - Mar 01, 2011
- 12-pack beer theft ends in fatal crash - Apr 06, 2011
- Speeding car kills Delhi couple - Apr 19, 2011
- India helping Ethiopia realise full potential of neem - Jan 05, 2012
- Three men abduct driver, rob car in Delhi - May 29, 2012
- Maoists attack CPI leader in Chhattisgarh - Jun 15, 2011
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Four killed in Tripura road mishap - Feb 28, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Runaway Armored Car Smashes Into Garage of Home - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: aditya, all india institute of medical sciences, careens, chevrolet cruze, green park, gupta, india institute, kundu, medical report, morning police, neem tree, oct 7, party at the hotel, partying, shangri la hotel, shruti, south delhi, speeding car, steering wheel, trauma centre