Three held with fake passports at Kerala airportJuly 29th, 2008 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, July 29 (IANS) Three people were arrested with fake passports at Kozhikode International Airport in Kerala Tuesday. Two were arrested when they were on their way back home from the Gulf region while the third was held on his way to Doha, immigration officials at the airport said.
One of the arrested, Abdul Azeez, a native of Malappuram district who was coming from Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, told the officials that he procured the forged passport paying 3,500 Saudi riyals after he lost the original document.
Kunjumuhammad Mammoot, a native of Kasargod district, was found travelling with the passport of another person from Andhra Pradesh. He was using the passport after replacing the original photograph.
Shaji, a native of Malappuram, was held when he reached the airport to board a Qatar Airways flight to Doha.
Last week, authorities arrested five people with fake passports at the airport.
- Five Bangladeshi nationals arrested with fake passports - Aug 23, 2010
- Bangladeshi held with photocopy of Indian passport in Meghalaya - May 13, 2012
- Muslims in Kerala celebrate Eid - Aug 31, 2011
- Qatar Airways says parcel bomb found in Dubai traveled on passenger flights - Oct 31, 2010
- Man arrested with fake passport at Lucknow airport - Aug 10, 2010
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- 17 Indians held with fake passports in Nepal - Mar 31, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Tibetan origin woman held for trying to get fake Nepali passport - Aug 01, 2011
- Four held for sending Nepali women to Gulf on fake papers - Aug 29, 2012
- 13 Passport Seva Kendras launched in Kerala - Apr 02, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- UAE's exports to Saudi Arabia exceed $266 bn - Sep 04, 2010