Three held with 45 kg of opiumJuly 1st, 2011 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Three people have been arrested for drug peddling and 45 kg of opium worth more than Rs.27 lakh has been seized from them, police said Friday.
Rajkumar, 40, Sanjay Pande, 34 and Ram Prasad, 44, were held from Azadpur road near the Municipal Corporation of Delhi office Friday following a tip-off, said a senior police officer.
The opium was hidden inside a cooking gas cylinder and in three paint buckets in their car.
During investigation, police found that the car was stolen from Deshbandhu Gupta Road in central Delhi.
“The three procured the opium from Neemuch in Madhya Pradesh for sale in Delhi and Haryana. The opium was to be supplied to drug peddlers in Sultanpuri, Nangloi and Uttam Nagar of Delhi and also to Karnal in Haryana,” said the officer.
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Man held with opium - Apr 18, 2011
- Opium worth Rs.50 lakh seized, one held - Dec 30, 2010
- Mother of three held for drug peddling - Jun 12, 2012
- Four held for stealing phones worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 12, 2011
- Two held with opium in Delhi - Jun 02, 2012
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Infamous car thief again escapes arrest - Oct 17, 2011
- Three arrested for 1.57 crore burglary - Apr 29, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Explosives laden car found in Ambala, NSG team reaches - Oct 13, 2011
- Interstate narcotic syndicate busted in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012