Three held in Haryana for medical test fraudJune 30th, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) Three people, including a Delhi University student, were arrested from Haryana for impersonation during a medical college test in May, Delhi Police said Saturday.
Pawan Kumar, 22, a student of B.Sc. Botany in Delhi University, was arrested Friday from his native place Bhiwani in Haryana, police said.
Kumar had paid Rs.50,000 to send a dummy candidate, in his place, in the the All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) May 14, police said.
Sukhbeer Yadav, a second year student from a medical college in Ambala in Haryana, appeared in the test in Kumar’s place. He has been arrested.
Vikas Kaushik, a final year student of BAMS (bachelor of ayurveda, medicine and surgery) in a college in Haryana, was taken into custody for helping Kumar at a price of Rs.4 lakh.
“Kaushik told Kumar that he can ask his friend Sukhbeer Yadav to impersonate on his behalf in the entrance test to which Kumar agreed,” said a police officer.
After Yadav appeared in the test, the council administration during counselling found that Kumar had not appeared in the written exam.
The identity of the candidates was verified on the basis of their handwriting, signature and thumb impression taken during the May 14 test.
“Kumar was arrested from Bhiwani and the other two were also arrested Friday,” said the police officer.
- Scam in Rajasthan pre-medical test for third time - Jul 26, 2011
- Man gets 3 years' jail for impersonating in AIIMS exam - Jun 13, 2012
- Seven held for pre-medical test scams - Jun 06, 2011
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Seven arrested for open school exam fraud - Apr 24, 2012
- Police release MP's son held for impersonating in Jamia exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Three held for impersonating in exams - Jun 16, 2011
- Engineering student held for fraud - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Foolproof' steps against cheating in UP pre-medical tests - Jun 01, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Another imposter caught at Jamia - Jun 18, 2010
- Graduate held for impersonation - Jun 03, 2011
- 5 students among 7 killed in Haryana accident - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: ambala, ayurveda, bachelor, bhiwani, botany, college test, counselling, delhi police, delhi university, dummy candidate, handwriting, haryana, impersonation, lakh, medical college, medical test, New Delhi, pawan kumar, police officer, thumb