Three held in Delhi for fraudMarch 28th, 2011 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Three people, including a former call centre employee, have been arrested here for duping over 35 people by promising to get them loans sanctioned from various banks, police said Monday.
“Shankar Lal Chawla, 23, Rajat Kataria, 27, and Kewal Krishna, 24, from Fatehabad in Haryana, were held from Kingsway Camp in north Delhi on March 24,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashok Chand, adding that one of their associates, Girish Wadhwa, is absconding.
They were held on a complaint filed by a woman from Vadodra. The accused made the woman deposit Rs.1.5 lakh in seven accounts after telling her that a loan of Rs.5 lakh had been sanctioned to her. They then stopped attending her calls.
During investigation, the accused told police they would advertise in vernacular newspapers.
To convince the victims, they sent forged approval letters through e-mail and then asked them for money to get their loans cleared from the banks, Chand said.
“Till now, they have cheated around 35 people from Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Maharastra,” Chand said.
Kataria is a former call centre employee, Chawla is a graduate and Krishna studied upto Class 10, the officer said.
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Man held for cheating AIIMS nurse - Oct 16, 2011
- Fake banker held in capital - Jan 07, 2011
- Two held for duping a woman of Rs.1 crore - Dec 18, 2011
- Two held for cheating in Delhi - May 31, 2012
- Youth arrested for cheating ex-labour ministry employee - Jul 19, 2012
- Nigerian held for duping woman of Rs.6.5 lakh - Nov 18, 2010
- Woman who duped six 'husbands' held - Feb 23, 2012
- Two railway staff held for running job racket - May 16, 2011
- Two held for duping 1,000 people over jobs - Oct 13, 2011
- Property dealer, MBA student cheat ATM users - Apr 09, 2012
- Punjab police bust women masseur racket, two held - Aug 31, 2010
- Headless body mystery solved, one held - Jul 01, 2011
- Eight held for credit card fraud - Oct 20, 2011
- Conman dupes by posing as cop, held - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: approval letters, ashok, call centre, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, e mail, fraud, gujarat, kataria, krishna, lakh, lal, maharastra, New Delhi, north delhi, rajasthan, shankar, upto, uttar pradesh, wadhwa