Three held for stealing 50 vehicles in DelhiDecember 18th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) Three men have been arrested for their alleged involvement in 50 cases of vehicle thefts in the national capital region, police said Friday.
Sagir, 45, Aftab, 26, and Sanjay, 25, were arrested Thursday.
Police said 12 stolen vehicles - one Tata Safari, one Innova, two Verna cars, two Santro cars, one Qualis, one Tavera, one Indigo, one Hyundai I-10, one Alto car and one Maruti Zen car were recovered. The recovered Indigo car belonged to the ministry of textiles.
The accused have been sent to five days of police custody.
“The gang used to apply a unique modus operandi. They would steal government vehicles and then use for stealing other cars,” said a police officer.
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- Chandigarh police busts gang of high-end car lifters - Oct 07, 2011
- 51 stolen luxury cars recovered, nine held in Punjab - Jul 14, 2011
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- US car companies lead by percentage, Asians by volume (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Ahead of polls in 5 states, Mumbai police warn of car thefts - Jan 11, 2012
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Inter-state gang of vehicle lifters busted, two held - Jul 11, 2010
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Bookings for Hyundai's compact car Eon from Oct 1 - Sep 30, 2011
- Gang of auto thieves busted in Punjab, three held - Oct 23, 2010
- November car sales zoom (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: aftab, government vehicles, hyundai, indigo, maruti zen, national capital region, New Delhi, police custody, police officer, sagir, sanjay, santro cars, tata safari, tavera, textiles, three men, vehicle thefts, verna