Three held for selling illicit liquor in ambulanceDecember 22nd, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Inspired by a Bollywood flick, three unemployed men started supplying illicit liquor in an ambulance but were arrested in south Delhi after an unwarranted use of the siren alerted the police, an official said Thursday.
Parvinder Yadav, Rakesh and Jitender, all aged around 25-26 and hailing from Haryana, were arrested Wednesday night from Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi, a police official said.
The suspicion of the police was aroused after the accused sounded the siren of the ambulance while it was cruising on a traffic-free road. Police chased and arrested them and seized 21 boxes of liquor from the ambulance.
They told police that they started the illegal activity after being inspired by film “Once Upon a Time”.
Atul Kumar Verma, station house officer of Malviya Nagar, said the accused were illegally selling liquor in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan after buying it from Gurgaon.
“They were involved in the business for one year. Yadav was earlier employed as an ambulance driver in a hospital run by private doctor B.V. Kapoor in Gurgaon,” he said.
They have been sent to judicial custody, Verma said.
- Man arrested for killing Delhi police constable - May 24, 2012
- Man held for killing wife over dowry - May 10, 2011
- Illegal liquor factory busted in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 20, 2011
- One held for illegally stocking fire crackers - Oct 25, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Two shot dead in Gurgaon - Jul 12, 2012
- Woman jumps off building to escape rape bid - Dec 31, 2011
- Six robbers planning V-Day celebrations held - Feb 11, 2011
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- Chain snatchers and their new tricks - Jun 04, 2012
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Rapist evading arrest held - Feb 08, 2011
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- 11 injured in Delhi cylinder blast (Lead) - May 20, 2012
Tags: ambulance driver, bollywood, boxes, flick, house officer, illegal activity, illicit liquor, judicial custody, New Delhi, police official, private doctor, rajasthan, rakesh, siren, south delhi, station house, suspicion, unemployed men, wednesday night, yadav