Three held for robbery attempt at Delhi Metro building siteMarch 8th, 2008 - 9:29 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Three men who allegedly made a robbery attempt at a construction site of Delhi Metro but were chased away by guards were arrested Saturday from east Delhi, the police said. According to police, at 2.15 a.m. Friday some people arrived in two cars at a Delhi Metro construction site near the Akshardham Temple to steal iron articles.
They attacked the security guards when they were stopped. One of the guards opened fire and chased them away.
Following the incident, a case was registered at the Pandav Nagar police station.
“During the course of investigations one car used by the robbers was found abandoned at a secluded place. One blood soaked jacket was also recovered inside the car and it was presumed that one of the robbers was hit with a bullet,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Delhi) Ajay Chaudhry said.
The police searched all the hospitals nearby and found Anuj Tiwari, an alleged robber, in a hospital with gunshot injuries.
Chaudhry said raids were conducted to nab the other members and Uday Kumar and Gulfam Aslam were arrested.
“The duo confessed to their involvement and revealed that that they used to go to such construction sites of Delhi Metro in the middle of the night and loot costly iron articles,” he added.
Anuj Tiwari was still under treatment at the hospital.
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Six robbers planning V-Day celebrations held - Feb 11, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- Police find suicide note in BBA student's death - Sep 05, 2012
- Robbery bid: Girl falls off moving vehicle, one held - Jul 30, 2012
- One arrested for Delhi High Court blast - May 27, 2011
- Three arrested for stabbing teenager - Apr 20, 2010
- No headway in Delhi High Court blast case: Pillai - May 28, 2011
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations Saturday - Jul 27, 2012
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, 11 injured (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012