Three held for Qutub Minar murderAugust 22nd, 2008 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) A minor is among three people arrested for the murder of a salesman who was stabbed to death at the Qutub Minar monument here for refusing to pay back a loan of Rs.1,000, police said Friday.Azam Khan, 22, Ajit Khan, 19, and the juvenile were arrested from Wazirpur area in northwest Delhi Thursday on charges of killing Dinesh Tiwari in the sprawling Qutub Minar complex Wednesday with a knife.
All four were employees of Ashoka Steel Centre.
The police said the accused took Tiwari to the monument on the pretext of sightseeing and stabbed him. The accused then escaped, but were spotted by Jahoor Alam, a gardener in the complex who alerted the police.
Deputy Commissioner of Police H.G.S. Dhaliwal said that Azam Khan, the main accused, told the police that he stabbed Tiwari repeatedly after the deceased refused to return Rs.1,000 he had borrowed from Khan two years ago.
- Two held for ransacking, setting houses on fire in Delhi - Dec 22, 2009
- Fake banker held in capital - Jan 07, 2011
- One killed over Rs.2,500 - Oct 25, 2011
- IIT-aspirant arrested for Delhi teacher's killing - Dec 21, 2010
- Two held for extorting money from cops - Nov 22, 2009
- Thirst for lavish life turned two teens to crime - Jan 10, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Class 8 student kills classmate for his mobile - Jan 10, 2011
- Management graduate held for 'lover triangle' murder - Jun 09, 2009
- Priest held for raping woman sent to police custody (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Four arrested for raping Class 10 student - Apr 11, 2011
- Metro's Qutub Minar line to showcase Delhi's heritage - Aug 13, 2010
- Tourism minister launches Clean India Campaign - Jun 19, 2012
- Over Rs.3 crore spent to maintain capital's monuments - Aug 04, 2010