Three held for duping jeweller of Rs.1 croreNovember 13th, 2011 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IANS) A man and his two sons were arrested here for cheating a jeweller of around Rs.1 crore, police said Sunday.
Ashok Kumar, 67, and his two sons Gaurav Chawla, 30, and Bharat Chawla, 31 — all residents of Jaipur in Rajasthan — were arrested from Malviya Nagar Metro Station in south Delhi Friday night, said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
Kumar told police that he and his sons had opened a jewellery shop in Ramesh Nagar in central Delhi.
Over time, they came in contact with Gopal Chauhan, who owned a jewellery shop in Karol Bagh in central Delhi. To gain his confidence, he regularly made small purchases and paid him promptly.
“Once they won his confidence, they collected around 2.5 kg of gold and gold jewellery from him and told him that they would make the payment after getting their customer’s approval,” said Sharma.
But after collecting the gold, they sold off their house and shop and tried to flee to Jaipur, but were caught.
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Jeweller shot dead in Delhi - Feb 23, 2011
- Man held for killing wife over dowry - May 10, 2011
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- 85-year old woman, servant murdered - Jan 03, 2012
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- One held for making fake auto parts - Feb 03, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- To change sex, youth runs away with boss' money - Sep 15, 2011
- Three held for murdering jeweller - May 19, 2011
- Chain snatchers and their new tricks - Jun 04, 2012
- CRPF man arrested for looting gold chains - May 04, 2012
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- 8 cricket bookies arrested in Delhi - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: ashok kumar, bharat, central delhi, commissioner of police, confidence, deputy commissioner, friday night, gold jewellery, jaipur, jeweller, jewellery shop, karol bagh, kg, metro station, New Delhi, rs 1, south delhi