Three held for cheating, launching fake companiesOctober 21st, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Oct 21 (IANS) They launched several fake companies, luring people to invest a nominal amount in return for hefty gains and in the process duped them of at least Rs.50 crore. But on Friday, the trio ran out of luck and was nabbed by the police in Ghaziabad.
Manish Rajput, Vipin Singh and Arjun Ranveer Singh were arrested at Chaudhary Morh. Three of their accomplices — Narendra Pal, Deepak Kumar Rajput and Shaktinath — are absconding.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police Raghubir Lal, the accused created several fake companies and then launched their websites. The gang diversified in their operations from tour and travels to finance.
“The gang, after creating websites, lured people with hefty returns. They asked them to submit Rs.1,000 online and in return promised to pay Rs.4,000 each month for a year but only after a 45 days period.
“When the number of people submitting Rs.1,000 rose considerably and they earned enough money, they shut down their website,” Lal said.
The police recovered several cheque books, pass books, ATM cards, passport and visa from their possession.
“In travel business also, they asked people to deposit some money and promised them attractive packages. After amassing hefty sum, they shut their travel firms as well,” he said.
The accused ran several fake companies in the name of Sky Healers Pvt. Ltd, Hijackers, Maple Resources, Dream World International, Almandin, Sapphire and Galaxy Enterprises.
The gang operated in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Jaipur, Chennai and Noida in Uttar Pradesh. They had plush offices in major cities which they got inaugurated by film stars and models in order to ensure credibility for their businesses.
The gang members had more than 150 bank accounts, police said. They also had five girls as their employees who are absconding.
On the complaint of Chennai-based actor-producer Babu Christopher, who had been cheated of Rs.1.77 crore, a case was registered at Kotwali police station here.
- Five thieves arrested - Mar 08, 2011
- Road rage victim dies after being fed poison - Dec 16, 2010
- Tripura to probe illegal financial firms - Mar 07, 2012
- Delhi robbers arrested in Ghaziabad - Feb 18, 2010
- UP police personnel, Ghaziabad residents participate in mini peace marathon - Sep 26, 2010
- Man murdered over Rs.50 - Feb 12, 2012
- Four held for sending Nepali women to Gulf on fake papers - Aug 29, 2012
- Transporter run over by police van for not paying bribe - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Murdered' man reappears in Ghaziabad, wife on the run - Jun 15, 2011
- Hospital launches anti-suicide project - Jan 14, 2012
- Five youth held for vehicle thefts - Feb 02, 2011
- Rs.25,000 reward for information on ex-cricketer - Apr 21, 2011
- Irate passengers block railway tracks in Ghaziabad - Sep 24, 2010
- Ghaziabad school near which child drowned shuts - Jul 14, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
Tags: accomplices, arjun, atm cards, attractive packages, babu, cheque books, crore, dream world, film stars, galaxy enterprises, gang members, hefty returns, hefty sum, manish, maple resources, morh, noida, rs 50, travel firms, vipin