Three get life term for killing Aligarh studentApril 21st, 2011 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 21 (IANS) A special CBI court here Thursday awarded life imprisonment to three people for killing an Aligarh Muslim University student in 2007, a lawyer said.
Zafar Masood, Mohd Asif and Rahis Quereshi shot dead Kaushar Salique Mazhar April 25, 2007 and robbed his motorcycle, said Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Public Prosecutor S. Islam.
Special CBI judge S. Lal after hearing the arguments pronounced the quantum of sentence and awarded life imprisonment to all the accused.
The court also imposed a penalty of Rs.21,000 each on Zafar Masood and Mohd Asif and a penalty of Rs.11,000 on Rahis Quereshi, said Islam.
- Court imposes Rs.5 crore penalty for cheating - Jun 05, 2012
- Graham Staines killing: A timeline - Jan 21, 2011
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- 61 convicted in fodder scam case - Jan 16, 2012
- Why not death to you, apex court asks Hawara - Dec 05, 2011
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Intro Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Another drug peddler gets death sentence - Mar 26, 2012
- Teacher gets life term for murder - Apr 10, 2012
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012
- 52 convicted, eight sent to jail in fodder scam case - Nov 29, 2010
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- CP shootout case: Supreme Court confirms cops' life sentences (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- 2G case: Decision on Chandolia's bail plea Thursday (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011