Three foreigners arrested with heroin in DelhiDecember 11th, 2008 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 11 (IANS) Two Afghan nationals and a Nigerian were arrested in the national capital and 2.17 kg of heroin worth Rs.20 million seized from them, the police said Thursday. Acting on specific information about an international drug cartel operating in the capital, the police laid a trap and arrested Afghan national Mohammed Alam Noori and Nigerian national John Chiedozie Martin from Lodhi Colony in south Delhi Wednesday.
“Both of them were also arrested earlier under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and came in contact with each other while in Tihar Jail. After their release, they again started drug trafficking,” a police officer said.
After interrogation of the duo, the police arrested another Afghan national, Ahmed Shoib Shakir, from Lajpat nagar. He supplied heroin to them, the police said.
The police recovered from them 2.17 kg of heroin worth Rs. 20 million in international market, a police officer said.
Further investigations are underway, the officer added.
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with 2.5 kg heroin - Apr 29, 2010
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Nigerian punished for drug peddling - Jun 29, 2011
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Four arrested, 205 kg of ganja seized - May 31, 2011
- Nigerian national held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Sep 23, 2009
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011