Three feared drowned near Juhu beachJuly 11th, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) Three youth were feared drowned at Mumbai’s Juhu creek and three were rescued when they went on a picnic at the beach Sunday afternoon, police said.
“Six friends from the Nehru Nagar slums of Juhu went to the Juhu beach for a picnic. They tried to cross the creek that falls between Versova and Juhu and got caught in the strong current,” a police official said.
While three of the men were saved by the lifeguards and local residents, search is still on for the others.
“The search team is looking for the bodies of the three who were feared drowned,” the officer said.
Those feared drowned have been identified as Suhas More, 23, Chetan Potale, 23, and Kushal Gosavi, 19. Yogesh Kamre, 20, and Tushar Kamtekar, 21, were among those rescued.
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Three drown, one missing off Mumbai coast - Jul 14, 2012
- Teenager feared drowned off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Jun 24, 2011
- Grounded ship attracts crowds in Mumbai - Jun 19, 2011
- Swimmer drowns, two missing off Mumbai beach - Jul 01, 2012
- 3 Russians saved from drowning off Goa beach - Sep 10, 2012
- Four swimmers still missing in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri - Aug 19, 2012
- Six drown in western Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Kazhak boy pulled into sea by strong waves - Sep 10, 2011
- Two drown at Maharashtra beach - Sep 26, 2010
- Three drown at Mumbai's Aksa Beach - Apr 14, 2010
- Two kids drown at Maharashtra beach - Apr 06, 2012
- Three drown at Mumbai's Aksa Beach (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Baywatch in Goa? Little hope for now - Apr 25, 2012
- Russian woman rescued from drowning in Goa - Jan 31, 2011