Three drown, one missing off Mumbai coastJuly 14th, 2012 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 13 (IANS) Four people, including two students drowned in two separate incidents at two different places in Mumbai Friday. While a search is on for another student who is also feared to have drowned, one student has been rescued by the life guards, an official said.
“Four students from Thane district had gone to Gorai beach (in north Mumbai) for a picnic. They were later found being carried away by strong water current,” a civic disaster control official told IANS.
“Two students Ashish Chauhan, 20 and Sujata Patil, 20, drowned, while Tushar Maskar, 20 was immediately rescued by a life guard. Search is on another missing student who has not been identified yet,” the official added.
In another case, a youth was seen jumping into the ocean near the Gateway of India in south Mumbai. “Rescue operations were undertaken immediately, but his body has not been found yet. He has not been identified either,” the official said.
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Three feared drowned near Juhu beach - Jul 11, 2010
- Two drown at Maharashtra beach - Sep 26, 2010
- Four swimmers still missing in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri - Aug 19, 2012
- 4 students drown while on Valenmtine's Day picnic - Feb 14, 2011
- Lawyers drowned in Maharashtra - Jul 29, 2012
- Six drown in western Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Motorcyclist killed as bus overturns in Mumbai - Apr 06, 2012
- Animal rights groups step up campaign against horse carriages - Jun 14, 2012
- Jharkhand youth among 2 fishermen drowned near Thane - Mar 10, 2012
- Three drown, one missing in Maharashtra - Dec 05, 2010
- Three Mumbai students drown in waterfall - Oct 31, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, Thane; four drown - Jul 30, 2011
- Six killed in Maharashtra downpour (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Bodies of three IAF men found in lake - Oct 03, 2010