Three drown in Yamuna in DelhiJune 30th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) Two men who did not know swimming jumped into the Yamuna here Monday to save two boys from drowning but one of them died in the river along with the youngsters, the police said. Vijay, 22, and his colleague Neeraj plunged into the water after seeing the boys sinking near Timarpur in north Delhi. Both men worked in a mobile phone company and had gone for a bath in the river in the afternoon.
“Vijay drowned while trying to save the boys but Neeraj was pulled out by people. Neither men knew swimming,” said a police official.
Police said a search that lasted a few hours led to the discovery of the three bodies. Neeraj was recuperating in a hospital.
- Teenager drowns in Yamuna river - Mar 20, 2011
- Teen drowns in unauthorised swimming pool - Aug 20, 2012
- Two drowned in Agra - May 25, 2011
- Four youths saved from drowning in Bengal - Apr 08, 2012
- No recognition for Agra lifeguard who saved 50 lives (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- 11 students drowned in China - Jun 10, 2012
- Four drown in Agra on Ganga Dashera - Jun 11, 2011
- Two Shimla youth drown in Chandigarh - Jun 17, 2011
- Three teenagers drown in Agra - Jun 20, 2011
- Three drown in Yamuna - Sep 11, 2011
- Three boys drown in Yamuna, two bodies recovered - Oct 17, 2010
- Elderly father dies while saving drowning daughter - Jul 16, 2011
- Delhi Police aspirant goes missing - Jun 08, 2012
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Teenaged boy drowns during Durga idol immersion - Sep 28, 2009