Three dozen cattle head found in DelhiNovember 15th, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Almost three dozen cattle head were found killed and scattered on the road here Saturday, the police said.Around 7 a.m. Saturday a resident of Bhainsalwa village, near Burari in northwest Delhi, saw the dead cattle and immediately informed the police.
Sensing that the incident could take a communal turn, the police reached the spot and cordoned off the road.
“The local villagers had gathered around the area and to stop the situation from taking a communal turn, we cordoned off the road,” said a police officer.
“The residents were angry over the incident, and we had to call in reserve force as a preemptive measure,” the police officer added.
Senior officials pacified the local residents and promised proper investigations.
The police said the initial investigation revealed that three days ago about half-a-dozen cows were stolen from a local dairy.
“Three days ago someone stole six of my cows during the night. Today I found the heads of my cows on the road,” dairy owner Dharmendar said.
Some local political leaders also arrived at the spot and started making allegations against one another. Due to this, the situation became tense and the police had to call in extra force.
The police have sent the heads and bodies of the cattle for post-mortem examination.
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- Rajasthan villagers organise bovine 'marriage' - Apr 15, 2012
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012
- Delhi policeman's wife commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Poll officials injured in accident - Dec 12, 2010
- Seven arrested for killing cows in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 30, 2010
- Mad cow case detected in US - Apr 25, 2012
- Bihar boat capsize toll rises to 21 - Sep 11, 2012
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- `Communalism and terrorism in all forms are dangerous,' says Sonia Gandhi - Dec 19, 2010
- Mob injures three cops in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2011
- A helpline to report stray cattle in Chandigarh - Dec 20, 2009
- Hindu temple comes up in Bihar - with Muslim help - Feb 05, 2012
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- Gang selling cattle meat in Delhi busted - May 02, 2010