Three DMK functionaries arrested for kidnapping familyAugust 25th, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Erode (Tamil Nadu), Aug 25 (IANS) Three functionaries of the ruling DMK here were arrested Monday on charges of assisting former state minister N.K.K.P. Raja in the kidnapping of a family of three, the police said.Raja was dropped from the cabinet three weeks ago following allegations made by a couple, Palanichamy and Malarvizhi, in Madras High Court and the state human rights commission that they had been kidnapped by the minister’s men in June.
Palanichamy and Malarvizhi were rescued by the police later in June.
Madras High Court rejected affidavits filed by police officials last week saying they lacked details and demanded to know the whereabouts of Sivabalan, the third kidnap victim.
Palanichamy and Malarvizhi claimed that the minister’s men had kidnapped them to grab their ancestral property, a charge denied by Raja.
- Three more arrested in land grab-kidnap case - Aug 26, 2008
- DMK boycotts budget over arrest of party leaders (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Four more DMK leaders arrested - Aug 04, 2011
- Tamil Nadu minister dropped from cabinet on abduction charges (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- Tamil Nadu minister kidnapped son, couple tells rights panel - Aug 06, 2008
- Court rejects police report on family's kidnapping - Aug 20, 2008
- Case of murder launched against sacked minister's supporters - Sep 15, 2008
- DMK leader held on land grab charge - Aug 31, 2011
- DMK's top brass face land grab charge - Dec 02, 2011
- Former DMK minister's home raided - Feb 01, 2012
- Former DMK minister held in land grab case - Aug 25, 2011
- Former DMK minister jailed in land grab case (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Court transfers kidnap cases against minister's men to CID - Sep 18, 2008
- Stalin, son booked for land grab - Dec 01, 2011
- Former Tamil Nadu minister's house raided - Feb 17, 2012