Three die of gas leak in Uttar Pradesh, enquiry ordered (Lead)January 29th, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Hardoi (Uttar Pradesh), Jan 29 (IANS) Three people, including a woman, died and seven others were hospitalised following a gas leak at a chemical factory here, officials said Saturday. A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the leak.The gas leakage from Amit Hetro Chem factory in Sandila town is believed to have taken place early Saturday.
“All the three, who died following the gas leakage, were sleeping in a flour mill situated a few metres away from the factory,” Hardoi District Magistrate Awadhesh Kumar Singh Rathore told IANS.
“While a magisterial enquiry has been ordered into the case, a four-member committee has also been constituted to probe whether procedural were being followed by the owners of the factory,” he added.
Rathore has instructed the committee to come up with a report within seven days.
“Whether the factory had a valid license or norms related to safety aspects were being followed and several such aspects will be probed by the four-member committee that would be headed by additional district magistrate (ADM),” Rathore said here, some 110 km from Lucknow.
Officials are yet to find out what was the gas that leaked.
“We have been told that chemicals used in medicines were manufactured in the factory. Experts and technicians are carrying out necessary tests to identify the gas,” Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Santosh Kumar told IANS.
“We have detained a chemist of the factory in connection with the incident. He is being interrogated,” he added.
- Three die in Uttar Pradesh gas leak, factory owner booked (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Three die of gas leak in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 29, 2011
- Toxic gas leak claims three lives in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 29, 2011
- Haryana orders probe into Hisar gas leak - May 16, 2010
- Gas leak in Mathura, hundreds evacuated - Aug 08, 2012
- Explain how Assemanad statement was leaked, CBI asked - Feb 04, 2011
- BJP MLA arrested in Rajasthan, granted bail - May 29, 2012
- Six-hour jam on Mumbai-Pune expressway after gas leak - Sep 06, 2012
- US experts to help ONGC cap gas leak at Tripura well - Jun 18, 2011
- Official's car runs over three people - Nov 21, 2011
- ONGC yet to cap gas leak at its Tripura well - Jun 17, 2011
- Fresh gas leakage from Bengal factory triggers panic - Jan 01, 2011
- Gas leakage kills two in Ukraine - Aug 18, 2012
- Principal expelled Ruchika, but not Rathore's daughter (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Chlorine gas leak detected on time, says Chemfab Alkalis - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: adm, amit, chemicals, chemist, district magistrate, flour mill, gas leak, gas leakage, hetro, jan 29, magisterial inquiry, medicines, member committee, necessary tests, norms, rathore, safety aspects, seven days