Three die during Rath Yatra in OrissaJuly 3rd, 2011 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 3 (IANS) At least three people, including two minor boys, were killed and two minors were injured Sunday in separate incidents during the Rath Yatra or chariot festival of lord Jagannath in Orissa, police said.
While Sudhakar Swain, 61, died of a heart attack while watching the procession amongst a crowd in the temple town of Puri, a 14-year-old boy died after he came under the wheel of a chariot at Sunthipal village in Cuttack district.
The boy was identified as Trinath Rout, an official of the police headquarters at Cuttack, told IANS.
Another boy identified as Debabrata Mohanty, 14, died after coming under the wheel of a chariot at Talakurunia village in Balasore district. A 16-year-old boy has also sustained injuries during the festival at the same place, the official said.
In a separate incident, a 10-year-old boy sustained injuries after a wheel of a chariot rolled over his hand at Purunapani village in Sundergarh district, he said. The boy has been admitted to the local hospital for treatment.
- Six dead in Holi revelry in Orissa - Mar 01, 2010
- Plane hits Ferris wheel in Australia - Oct 01, 2011
- Chariot crushes 75-year-old to death - Feb 24, 2011
- Puri Ratha Yatra preparations gain momentum in Odisha - Jun 11, 2012
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Makar Sankranti in Odisha with holy dips, kite flying - Jan 15, 2012
- Eight killed, 20 injured in Orissa accident (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Toll in Orissa lightning strikes rises to 24 (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Orissa lightning strikes leave 32 dead - Aug 03, 2011
- Four die in Orissa house wall collapse - Oct 27, 2010
- Sunstroke toll rises to 36 in Odisha - Jun 12, 2012
- Four killed, 15 injured in Orissa accident - Apr 09, 2010
- Pakistani child killed in firecracker blast - Jun 16, 2012
- Six killed in Orissa road accident - Oct 12, 2011