Three die as welcome arch collapses on rickshawJanuary 18th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik (Maharashtra), Jan 18 (IANS) In a freak accident, at least three people, including a six-year-old boy, were killed Tuesday when a welcome arch set up by civic authorities collapsed on a rickshaw passing by, police said.”The welcome arch constructed between Nashik Road and Deolali Camp areas on the outskirts of the city collapsed on a rickshaw that was passing by, killing three travelling in the rickshaw,” a police official said.
One person was also injured in the accident that took place around 11.30 a.m.
“We are in the process of identifying the victims,” the official added.
- Two pilots killed as chopper crashes into Nashik locality - Feb 02, 2011
- Two army pilots killed as chopper crashes in Nashik locality (Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Army loses two pilots in Nashik chopper crash (Second lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Construction worker killed in gas leak - Mar 30, 2012
- Two kids killed as wall collapses - Mar 16, 2011
- Four killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Youth killed in freak accident - Jan 08, 2011
- Three killed in two freak accidents in Rajasthan - Apr 15, 2012
- Animal rights groups step up campaign against horse carriages - Jun 14, 2012
- Four NCP workers electrocuted during poll campaigning - Feb 12, 2012
- Student killed as truck rams into school - Nov 30, 2011
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, seven injured - Sep 04, 2012
- Nine workers killed as stadium part collapses in Tamil Nadu - Aug 06, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 29, 2011
- Two Maharashtra policemen killed as truck falls on them - Apr 19, 2012