Three die after inhaling poisonous gas

May 18th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by admin  

Lucknow, May 18 (IANS) Three people died Sunday after inhaling poisonous gas in a well they had gone to clean in Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, the police said. The three labourers had descended into the well in Hathya village in Mathura and succumbed to the gas fumes in it.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination.

It appears the three died of ammonia gas build up in the well, said Virendra Bharti, a police officer.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |