Three die after inhaling poisonous gas in BengalJuly 5th, 2011 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 5 (IANS) Three labourers in West Bengal’s South 24-Parganas district died Tuesday after inhaling toxic gases in a well when they were conducting a water treatment operation, police said.
“Three people died after inhaling poisonous gases in a well at Bantala leather complex area,” South 24-Parganas Superintendent of Police Lakshmi Narayan Meena said.
“One of the labourers dipped into the well while conducting a water treatment operation. When he did not surface for a long time, one of his colleagues plunged into the well, followed by another labourer. When none of them came up, the locals informed us,” Meena told IANS over phone.
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- One dead, 10 ill after ammonia cylinder bursts (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- CPI-M supporter dies in Bengal road accident - Feb 14, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 - Dec 15, 2011
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Lack of safety gear killing Delhi's sewer workers (Capital Focus) - Jun 24, 2012
- Bengal hooch tragedy: Charge sheet against 23 filed - Feb 11, 2012
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011
- 11 taken ill after cylinder bursts in Kolkata ice-making factory - Dec 31, 2010
- Two died of poisonous gas from manhole - Apr 19, 2011
- Moonshine kills 63 in Bengal village - Dec 15, 2011
- Four IT employees killed in Bengal accident - Mar 26, 2011
- West Bengal hooch deaths rise to 167 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: colleagues, kolkata, labourer, labourers, locals, long time, meena, parganas district, poisonous gas, poisonous gases, s south, superintendent, time one, toxic gases, water treatment, west bengal