Three Delhi students top CBSE Class 12 examsMay 21st, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) Three students from Delhi scored a whopping 97.2 percent and topped the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams. The results were declared Friday.
Two of the students who excelled in the exams were from Delhi Public School in R.K. Puram, while the third was from Rukmani Devi Public School in Pitampura.
Sneha Agrawal from Rukmani Public School told IANS: “I am very happy. I studied for just one hour everyday… I was expecting a good result, but never thought that I would top Delhi. My parents are very proud of me and that is what is most important for me.”
Divanshu Agrawal, the other topper, who is a science student similarly said that he was extremely pleased with his results.
“I worked hard and studied for six-seven hours everyday. I hope to become a lawyer someday,” Agrawal told IANS.
Shruti Lakhtakia, the third topper said that the results have been beyond her expectations. “I want to study Economics Honours in St. Stephens college.”
Some students who didn’t score as well as their counterparts were nevertheless satisfied with their results.
Bhanav Hasija, a commerce student who secured 65 percent, said: “I didn’t score too well, but it’s alright. In the future I plan to take over my father’s business”.
Some others, however, said that they were planning to send their answer sheets for re-evaluation.
Sahil Verma, a science student from Bal Bhavan Public School, Mayur Vihar said: “I scored 74 percent and am not at all happy with my results. I am planning to send my papers for re-evaluation.”
This year, 699,129 students - 408,367 boys and 290,762 girls - took the Class 12 board exams in India and abroad.
- Three students top CBSE Class 12 exams in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2010
- Girls outshine boys in Class 12 CBSE exam (Second Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Ghaziabad girl tops CBSE Class 12 exams in NCR - May 21, 2010
- CBSE Class 12 exam results to be declared Friday - May 20, 2010
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Drop in pass percentage in CBSE Class 12 exams (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Gulf students outshine in CBSE class 12 exams - May 21, 2010
- Gulf students excel in CBSE class 12 exams (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- CBSE Class 12 results announced - May 21, 2010
- CBSE declares Class 12 results - May 21, 2010
- Fewer cheating cases in Class 12 CBSE exams this year - May 21, 2010
- Students rejoice, teachers caution on apex court ruling - Aug 10, 2011
- Balance study and play, say Class 12 toppers - May 23, 2011
- Navodaya Vidyalayas surpass others in CBSE Class 12 exams - May 21, 2010
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
Tags: agrawal, answer sheets, board exams, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, commerce student, counterparts, delhi public school, honours, lawyer, mayur vihar, New Delhi, r k puram, sahil, science student, seven hours, shruti, st stephens college, t score, topper