Three Delhi policemen sent to custody for corruptionOctober 20th, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) A city court Monday sent three Delhi Police officials to custody after they were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) last week for extorting money from a businessman after they falsely implicated his father in a murder case.Special Judge A.S. Yadav sent K.G. Tyagi, a crime branch police inspector, to three days’ police custody.
According to the police, they have recovered a diary containing some information regarding Tyagi’s involvement.
There are also some properties in his names in Meerut and Shahdara and the police want to confirm these details from him.
The court sent Sub Inspector Mukesh and Assistant Sub Inspector Rajbir Singh to judicial custody.
Meanwhile, the court rejected the bail application of Ravinder Chadha, an lawyer involved in the case, stating that it would hamper investigations which were in its initial stage.
The ACB have made the arrests after investigating officials conducted an undercover operation lasting 10 months against the four accused.
The ACB investigated the case after Abhinav Krishan Aggarwal, who has a printing and building business, complained to them that Delhi Police’s crime branch officials and an advocate were demanding a bribe from him in a murder case in which his father was arrested last year.
During the sting operations, it came to light that Ravinder Chadha was acting as a conduit for the illegal transaction of bribe on behalf of Tyagi in a murder case.
The accused were arrested on charges of corruption, abuse of authority, extortion, and conspiracy.
- 3 Delhi policemen, lawyer arrested after undercover operation (Lead) - Oct 17, 2008
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Advocate, police official granted bail in graft case - Oct 24, 2008
- Anti-corruption inspector arrested for taking bribe - Apr 07, 2010
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Rajasthan Police sub-inspector arrested for bribery - Aug 20, 2012
- Government doctor caught taking bribe in Rajasthan - Jul 30, 2012
- Ten years later, man jailed for trying to bribe cop - Oct 15, 2011
- Notices to three Andhra legislators in liquor pay-off scam - Jun 09, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- 42 Maharashtra personnel to be honoured on Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Bihar dismisses five police officials for corruption - Feb 10, 2012