Three dead in US in evacuation ahead of Hurricane GustavSeptember 1st, 2008 - 10:01 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Sep 1 (DPA) Three seriously ill hospital patients had died during the emergency evacuation ahead of the threatening Hurricane Gustav, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has said.In remarks broadcast Sunday, Jindal said there were “three deaths of critical care patients who died during evacuation”.
The Gulf Coast region was bracing for Gustav’s arrival as a category 3 storm by mid morning Monday, aimed toward New Orleans.
Jindal said that 84 of 150 nursing homes in the target area had been evacuated and yet another nursing home had just asked for help.
“We’re doing everything we can to save every life,” he said.
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Over 150,000 without power in Bobby Jindal's Louisiana - Sep 03, 2012
- Bobby Jindal puts Louisiana on hurricane alert - Nov 09, 2009
- Over a million homes without power in storm-hit US states - Aug 31, 2012
- Hundreds evacuated as storm floods homes in Bobby Jindal's state - Aug 30, 2012
- Bobby Jindal files for re-election - Sep 07, 2011
- Tropical Storm Lee forms in the Gulf of Mexico, heads for Louisiana - Sep 03, 2011
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Hurricane Gustav relents, spares Louisiana the worst; 12 dead (Second lead) - Sep 02, 2008
- Hurricane Gustav turns Republican convention topsy-turvy (Lead) - Sep 01, 2008
- Ghost town New Orleans braces for Hurricane Gustav - Sep 01, 2008
- Three US states declare emergency over Hurricane Ida - Nov 10, 2009
- Hurricane Irene makes landfall in North Carolina, killing 3 - Aug 27, 2011
- Hurricane Ida Moves Through Different Parts Of The US - Nov 09, 2009