Three crushed to death in Mumbai cement plantDecember 26th, 2010 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 26 (IANS) Three workers were Sunday crushed to death here when a 150-tonne cement-mixing tank fell on a tanker in which they were resting, police said.The incident took place at a cement-mixing plant in suburban Andheri.
“The cement mixing tank, that stands erect, fell on the tanker, in which the three men were sleeping,” Police Inspector Sridhar Hanchate said.
“The tanker is used for transporting the cement to the construction sites. Due to the heavy weight of the tank that fell on the tanker, the three occupants were crushed to death instantly,” he added.
Sources revealed that the four pillars on which the cement-mixing tank was standing had worn out, leading to the accident.
“We have registered a case of accidental death. But we are conducting investigations into the case and if there is negligence on part of any person, he shall be booked for the same,” Hanchate said.
The victims have been identified as Brijesh Yadav, 32, Dinesh Yadav, 35, and Mahesh Yadav, 20. The trio was rushed to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead.
- Four killed in road accidents in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- 13 Mumbai college-goers kill friend - Apr 19, 2012
- Three awarded death penalty for killing five of family - Feb 12, 2011
- 14-year-old boy crushed to death by tanker - Aug 16, 2010
- Minor collision between two Mumbai trains, no casualties - Jun 17, 2012
- Dead leopard found in Mumbai water tank - Jan 26, 2011
- Falling telecom mast kills 2 in southwest Ghana - Nov 01, 2011
- Absconding Mumbai cop dead (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Dec 29, 2010
- Three NATO tankers attacked in Pakistan - Jan 30, 2011
- Six injured in Mumbai train collision (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Delhi Police constable found dead inside water tank - May 03, 2012
- Two Mumbai local trains collide, no casualties (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Parle-G biscuit distributor commits suicide - Oct 30, 2010
- Six US tanks, three NATO tankers destroyed in Afghanistan, claims Taliban website - Dec 11, 2010