Three CRPF troopers killed in grenade blast during trainingMarch 13th, 2008 - 4:20 pm ICT by admin
Panchkula (Haryana), March 13 (IANS) Three troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed and 12 others injured Thursday when a grenade exploded during training at a paramilitary camp near this Haryana town. Two of the CRPF troopers died on the spot while the third one was declared brought dead after he was rushed to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) at Chandigarh, 25 km away.
Doctors at PGI said that three other injured personnel admitted there were in a critical condition.
The mishap took place when the CRPF personnel were training at a firing range at Bhanu village, 12 km from here.
A live grenade was thrown during the exercise by one of the troopers. It did not explode and the others went near it to check why this happened. As they were trying to examine the grenade, it suddenly exploded, killing two troopers on the spot and injuring others.
The dead troopers have been identified as constables Rajesh, Varinder and Subhash Chander.
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast - Mar 22, 2012
- CRPF orders probe as three troopers die in grenade blast - Mar 13, 2008
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Two BSF men injured in training accident - Aug 07, 2012
- Six CRPF troopers hurt in accidental blast - Sep 21, 2012
- Maoist bomb kills trooper in Jharkhand - Nov 07, 2010
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Bihar - Sep 09, 2012
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Two killed in scrapyard explosion (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Two killed, two injured in Kashmir explosion - Aug 25, 2011
- Three troopers killed in ambush in Assam - Apr 02, 2011
- Eight troopers killed as Maoists blast CRPF vehicle - May 09, 2010