Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead)June 11th, 2011 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 11 (IANS) At least three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed and several injured Saturday in the third Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh in two days, police said.
The attack site at Bhejji, about 500 km from Raipur, is in Dantewada district, Director General of Police (DGP) Vishwa Ranjan told IANS. A chopper has been sent from Dantewada town to the attack site to airlift injured CRPF men.
Maoists attacked the CRPF men when they were inspecting a jungle site for a base camp at Bhejji for a possible relocation as the Supreme Court has ordered security personnel to vacate school buildings, police said.
The casualty figures may rise, said Ranjan who is already in Bastar region after a deadly attack on the police force Thursday midnight.
Maoists had carried out double attacks in the Bastar region June 9. Five policemen were gunned down in Narayanpur district June 9 morning. They struck again, killing 10 policemen around midnight in Dantewada district.
Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh have surged in the past weeks as rebels killed nine policemen in an ambush May 23 on the Chhattisgarh-Orissa border along Raipur district.
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Chhattisgarh - Mar 26, 2012
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists kill 26 security personnel in deadly Chhattisgarh attack (Night Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists kill 26 in deadly Chattisgarh attack (Third Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Three killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Maoists kill three policemen in Chhattisgarh - Mar 14, 2011
- 26 troopers killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: airlift, ambush, casualty figures, chopper, crpf, dgp, director general, district director, jungle, maoist, maoists, orissa, police force, policemen, rebels, relocation, reserve police, school buildings, security personnel, vishwa ranjan